Alexander has the only three story cobblestone building built for educational purposes in North America and the only known cobblestone building used as a Town Hall.


Alexander Town Hall

"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."

Town of Alexander Snow Reminders
Snow plowing
Please DO NOT plow, push or blow snow from driveways into the street. Not only does it increase a potential danger, but NYS vehicle and traffic law prohibits these deposits in a public street.
White it is unfortunate that encounters with rural delivery mailboxes occur, it is an unintended consequence. The responsibility to replace them, in an event of damage, falls on the resident or business owner. There is no statutory or legal authority which grants a property owner, resident or business owner along a public highway any right to place a mailbox in the highway right of way.
Garbage totes
Garbage and Recycling totes will not be replaced by the Town if damaged while in the right of way.
Just a few friendly reminders from the Alexander Town Board/ Highway.


These survey's are about the on going study of Fire and EMS service in Genesee County. Please select the survey that best represents you and complete it for them. These surveys will help the committee formulate a plan for future fire and EMS services.

The Town Clerk's office is closed to observe the following holidays:

  • January 1, 2024 New Year's Day
  • January 15, 2024 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
  • February 19, 2024 President's Day
  • March 29, 2024 Good Friday
  • May 27, 2024 Memorial Day
  • June 19, 2024 Juneteenth
  • July 4 &. July 5, 2024 July 4th
  • September 2, 2024 Labor Day
  • October 14, 2024 Columbus Day
  • November 11, 2024 Veteran's Day
  • November 28 & 29, 2024 Thanksgiving
  • December 25, 2024 Christmas
  • January 1, 2025 Christmas

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at,
or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.

You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at:

U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442

Map of Historic Points of Interest